Thursday, March 14, 2013

Fit to be sure

I don't have much time for sewing during the week.  I don't get home until almost 8PM and after eating dinner and spending some family time, it's time to go to bed.  What I try to do is work on things that need to be done that don't require sitting in front of the sewing machine.  For the past few nights this week that's meant working on turning the 'suspenders' for my shorts for this project:

Because the fabric was rather stiff and the 'tubes' really long I fought with them a LOT, but finally got them done and ready to be sewn onto the bib.

But last night... Last night I got to do so something REALLY fun.

Last week while looking through book reviews on amazon I read one where someone recommended "Sure Fit Designs".  Being a person who leaves no stone unturned I flipped over to the website and started reading.  Then I watched a few videos and I KNEW this is what I was looking for!  Basically, this is a system that lets you build your own sloapers.  Once you've done that, you can design your own patterns or use them to 'rub off' commercial patterns in your own size!  I immediately purchased the dress kit that lets you build dress, blouses and skirts and yesterday, it arrived.  Last night my TV time with family was spent reading through the book, and plotting my measurements on the dress top front so that I can use it for my upcoming projects.  I'm going to be doing a LOT of sewing over the next two weekends!  Viva is only two weeks away and the less measuring, remeasuring and muslin sewing I can do the better.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes

P.S.:  I'm so happy with the results so far that I bought some additional packages today including, "Beyond Bodice Basics" to help with my empire waste dress that I've been fiddling with for so long.

P.P.S.:  I'm not affiliated with Sure Fit in any way - just a customer who believes they have found a product to FINALLY be able to sew clothes that fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment