Saturday, March 23, 2013

Advance Pattern

Last night was interesting - I started on my first ever Vintage pattern.  True vintage.

I recently picked up this from Etsy

I last night I jumped right on making it.  It was my first ever vintage pattern and first ever unprinted.  I was a little nervous about that, but, since I tend to retrace all my patterns anyway it didn't really take any extra time then what I was used to.  In fact, I loved that fact that all the tissue was already cut - that ended up actually saving me time.

So far it's going together like a breeze.  I need to take a little fullness out under the arms and cut about 6" off the length (what the heck, were women in the 50's 10 feet tall?) but other then that no major back flips to make this work.  It's nice to be working on something that doesn't make me want to cry.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment