Friday, March 1, 2013

Finished!!

The blouse is finished and I couldn't be happier.  For my first ever 'fitted' sewing project I think it turned out rather well!  I'm really excited to wear it and have an outfit planned for work on Monday so I can.  Or.. maybe I'll wear it tomorrow with my overalls.  We'll have to see.

I wanted to post photos right away, so you'll have to excuse the fact that this needs to be pressed.  I decided to go ahead to make the bow permanent   It wasn't as big as I was afraid it was going to be once I got it sewed up, and I liked the way the center of the bow actually held the little keyhole opening in the front - open.  So I attached it.

and now.. I know I need to get better at taking pictures - lol

From the front - I love that I can tuck it it without a lot of extra bulk around the waste!

And a little from the side - you might get some idea of the extra darting I did - and look, no arm hole gap!

Up close and personal - cause I'm a dork
My bit of whimsy - I found this covered button in the stash that I got from from my mother-in-law - it was just too perfect to pass up!


And now... I need to go cut a dress out of muslin!

1 comment: