Some are projects I dropped because... Squirrel!
Some sat because I couldn't get excited about the hand stitching that needed to be done. Others sat because I didn't like the way they were turning out and didn't know if it was worth the effort to continue. Maybe because it's starting to look like spring around here I felt the need to poop or get off the pot on some of these.
The first was an easy fix. A skirt from Lekala Sewing Patterns.
|Skirt With Tail Sewing Pattern #5928|
Amazingly enough I ended up with a skirt I rather liked - though it took me a year to put a button on it (don't ask me why).
The fabric is a green cotton... almost a soft burlap - hard to describe. It didn't have the drape this skirt deserved but as I said I kind of enjoy the hard/soft contrast of it. As for the pattern. It's great! Well drafted and fit me perfectly - which is important since with all those pieces I wouldn't have known where to even start to make adjustments.
And in case you didn't know - Lekala is a pattern company that custom drafts patterns based on your measurements. And with skirts I have great luck with them. I've only tried one top and had issues with the fit - but as I said, it was a year ago, these are not 'easy' patterns and my skills have come a long way. Plus in the past year Lekala has added additional measurements to their order form so I'm willing to give it another go.
The next UFO was a top. I started it last April/March
The goal was to make Mccall's (M6648)
The problem was - hand sewing - TONS of it and a finished project I wasn't sure I liked.
The sleeves are HUGE and it leaves a LOT of ease --
I would, however, like to point out the pattern matching on the front...
And the last UFO.. well it's still a UFO - I'm just not sure I like it and I'm not excited about completing it.
what I don't like is how the front draping doesn't follow the same line as the kneckline... I may play with it and see if I can fix it, but until then I'm not putting on the sleeves...