Well, it's done! I did it.
Made my first Bag and finished it before the end of January.
My inspiration for the bag was the ladybug fabric that I used for my birthday dress. That plus some red for contrast and I was set.
I had thought to use black for trim, but I didn't have any black on hand and I've been working on sewing through my stash so I used the white intead. I'm still happy with the results.
You probably noticed that I reversed the fabric at the zipper between the outside and the lining - that was deliberate. I love the little peek of purple and ladybugs on the inside. I just wish I had thought to use the ladybug fabric for the pockets too.
I used a metal zipper and wanted the teeth to show so I inserted it a little differently so they would.
And, just to give you an idea of just how roomy this bag really is (I was surprise at the size)
I don't know if it was the fabric type or my interfacing that caused the bubbling on the purple fabric, but it's the only thing I don't like about this bag. For my next one I'll test the interfacing/fabric bonds before just slapping iron to cloth.
Overall though, I extremely happy and can't wait to start on another bag this month!